About 30% Club Mexico
Mexico Chapter launched in Dec’20 to achieve at least 15% representation of WOMEN on all boards and
C-Suites by 2025 and at least 30% by 2030.
The campaign seeks to encourage organizations to treat diversity like any other business objective and asks members to commit to:
Measure their baseline.
Set an 30% aspirational target at board level.
Drive progress towards that target.
To support the achievement of a minimum of 30% Gender Balance at all senior decision-making tables across Mexico, including Boards and C-Suite.
Activate senior leaders
Engage chairs and CEOs to drive change and support organizations in their diversity & inclusion endeavours, with a specific focus on gender.
Influence those with power to drive change
Influence at a national level on diversity related topics and working complementary to other national initiatives including Balance for Better Business, the State Boards Diversity Initiative.
Enabling future women leaders
Support the development of talent pipeline through mentoring, executive education scholarships and board-ready initiatives.
We recognize that there is a huge amount of work to do in our country, since according to Centro de Investigación de la Mujer en la Alta Dirección (CIMAD) from IPADE
|Company||Member name||Job Title||Chapter membership|
|Santander||Juan Ignacio Echeverria Fernández Norma Angélica Castro||Executive director of HR D&I Director||Mexico|
|IMPRONTA VERDE||Claudia Corona||Founder/ CEO||Mexico|
|KPMG||Victor Esquivel Nora Solano||Sr Partner Managing Director Mexico Social Tax & Legal Services||Mexico|
|Mastercard||Laura Cruz||Country Manager||Mexico|
|Bloomberg||Sabina Mehmood Pablo Casaux||Product Manager, GEI Latam Head of Market Structure Strategy||Mexico|
|Citigroup||Manuel Romo Ana Elena Ruiz Avila||CEO Mexico Transformation Head for Consumer Mexico||Mexico|
|DIARQ// DALIA||Gina Diez Barroso Alexander C. Reuter Vollmer||President and CEO Grupo Diarq CEO Dalia Empower||Mexico|
|Egade||Orla Mairead Branigan||Head of Marketing Egade||Mexico|
Martha Herrera González
Deputy of equality and social inclusion and Cabinet Coordinator of equality for all
Nuevo Leon State Government
General Director of Planning Council
Consejo Coordinador Empresarial
Latam Head of Market Structure Strategy
Regional President Danone EDP LATAM
José Octavio Reyes Lagunes
Global Board Member Mastercard / Chair 30% Club Mexico
Mastercard / 30% Club Mexico
Managing Director Latin America
Gina Diez Barroso
President / CEO
Diarq, Dalia Empower
Available to CEOs, Chairs of companies or associations with a minimum headcount of 300 employees or with a wide spectrum of influence that can generate strategic alliances with national, international or governmental organizations to increase scalability and efficiencies.
We ask our members to champion the Campaign’s mission, help further its positioning and increase its influence and visibility within the media and wider business community. There is no initial cost for the memberships, but further contributions shall be required to cover certain expenses and events as agreed in advance with our members.
Benefits for joining the club
- INTERNATIONAL PLATFORM where diverse teams, universities, members, organizations collaborate in six continents and building up lessons learned.
- It gives a VISIBILITY under a standardized goal to achieve a minimum of 30% gender parity in different positions.
- Access to global FORUMS for understanding different points of view and forging relationships. (ie: Women’s Forum, UN Global Compact, UN Women)
- Offers a strong NETWORK of highly talented professionals across different backgrounds, cultures, positions.
- Provides LEARNING PROGRAMS to establish cross functional mentoring and sponsorship schemes
- Offers ONLINE PLATFORMS for publishing best practices and updated information to promote diversity
For more information or to add your story to our case studies get in touch with us.
A connected community of leaders committed to change
Members have access to a 9-month program ran by Moving Ahead. In the program organizations participate through putting forward female mentees (high potential women at all levels of the career pyramid from mid manager to Board cusp) and male female mentors (senior manager to Board Level). First round: June’21 -Feb’22 sponsored by Mastercard.
Following rounds to be covered with our members contributions and/or additional sponsors.
Moving Ahead Cross Company Mentoring Program: track record.
8 years, 239 organizations, 12,330 mentors and mentees, 31 countries, more than 30 sectors.
- Focuses on gender diversity in order to build and strengthen necessary pipelines and achieve parity of women in leadership and board roles
- The programe matches women from all levels mentors from another organization. Now entering its eighth year, in the UK, we are delighted to be launching this year in the US, Mexico and are in conversations with South Africa and Hong Kong
- The programe is a proven, practical and powerful way to achieve greater gender balance at senior levels within organizations, as well as delivering on gender pay gap reporting, and broader diversity and inclusion goals
- Core mentoring training will be delivered in Spanish, and events will include global speakers and films in English (with Spanish subtitles)
For more information get in touch with Moving Ahead.
The Investor group brings together asset owners and asset managers, committed to the 30% Club goals for women participation in Boards and Senior Management.
The purpose of the Investor Group is to: (1) help coordinate the investment community’s approach to gender diversity with investees; (2) explain the investment case for more diverse boards and a floor of 30% women Board Representation; (3) encourage all investors to engage on the issue of board diversity with chairs and management teams; (3) to consider women when nominating independent supervisory board members (nonexecutive directors) (4) exercise our ownership rights, including voting and engagement, to effect change on company boards and within senior management teams.
The 30% Club remains committed to using data to help drive change. The Bloomberg Gender Equality Reporting Framework and Gender Equality Index (GEI) allows corporations to track their progress towards equality in the workplace in order to manage effective change. Through public disclosure and comprehensive, transparent scoring, the companies reporting with the GEI have shown their commitment to progress.
Benefits for investors:
- Identify public companies that are committed to transparent reporting and addressing gender inequality.
- Communicate actively and efficiently best corporate governance practices among investee companies.
- Have access to D&I data from investee companies useful for investment decisions.
- Gain visibility to customers, employees and other stakeholders of your support to ESG in general and Gender in particular.
For more information get in touch with Pablo Casaux
The purpose of the group is to share and develop the best practices that can be implemented across a range of firms and industries to develop gender balance in leadership by developing a toolkit adapted to Mexico.
It works around three pillars Corporate, Professional and Personal to enable members develop the skills required to foster confidence and competences. Institutions that participate with our chapter include: Mercer, CIMAD (IPADE), Mujeres en Finanzas, Ezentia, Grupo Expansión, Dalia Empower, EGADE.
- EGADE offers two annual scholarships (50%) for their part time MBA program. Across the global network of the 30% Club there is a wide list of universities that offer these types of scholarships
- Dalia Empower provides tactical courses on negotiation, professional network, personal branding, master classes on demand where discounts apply for our members.
- The Boardlist enables with its platform to place our female candidates in US Boards that can be from a start up to a listed company. This alliance provides visibility to our talented pool of female candidates and strengthens our members’s through their endorsement.
- CIMAD (IPADE) has also a directory of women ready for boards to help them increase visibility and thus eligibility.
For more information get in touch with Sandine Dupriez